Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas
Helping Texans find qualified lawyers, legal resources and community services since 1966.
Why Choose the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas?
When you need a lawyer but are unsure of where to begin, get in touch with us. When you call the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), friendly staff will review your legal issue to determine the best course of action. We may be able to offer solutions or alternatives to hiring a lawyer.
During the first consultation with the lawyer, you will discuss your legal issues, options available, and the costs involved if you hire the lawyer. The first meeting is a meet and greet—a time for you to evaluate the lawyer’s expertise and decide if you want proceed with your legal issue.
At LRS, we believe that money must not be an impediment when it comes to finding and hiring a lawyer, which is why your first consultation with the lawyer is free up to 30 minutes.
Any additional fees must be arranged between you and the lawyer. We do not set limits on fees charged beyond the initial consultation. LRS does not offer pro bono or free attorneys—all of our attorneys charge for their services.
All information provided will be treated as confidential communications made for the purpose of facilitating a referral. We will preserve the confidentiality of all information unless otherwise required by law.
- Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas (LRS)
- Trained staff to listen and understand your legal issues
- LRS requires lawyers to show experience levels
- Malpractice insurance required and verified to participate with LRS
- Lawyers must be in good standing with the State Bar of Texas (LRS checks this weekly)
- Lawyers are Certified by the State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association
- LRS reviews attorney performance
- LRS is approved by the American Bar Association as a model for access to justice.
- Internet Directory/Phone Directory
- No experience requirements or qualification
- Lawyers are not required to carry malpractice insurance
- Lawyer standing with the State Bar of Texas may not be checked regularly
- The State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association do not regulate or approve online directories.
- LRS reviews client satisfaction
- Lack of oversight by directories
It is an excellent resource for the community. We received very professional and prompt response from the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas team.
Lawyer advised that the case was not worth either his time/fee or my financial investment. He suggested I consider small claims court. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss the case with and get advice from a professional.
It’s a very good service and resource. I’m glad to know that legal advice is available at your LegalLine.
Latest Blog Posts
What Are the Eight Basic Consumer Rights in Texas?
Texas has adopted the Eight Basic Consumer Rights, which provide protections and guarantees to consumers in the state. These rights include: The Right to Safety: Consumers have the right to be protected against hazardous products and services that could cause harm. The Right to be Informed: Consumers have the right to receive complete and accurate…
READ MORE What Are the Eight Basic Consumer Rights in Texas?
How Will a Lawyer Help Me Win My Personal Injury Case?
A lawyer can help you win your personal injury case in several ways: Knowledge of the Law: A personal injury lawyer has a deep understanding of the laws and regulations related to personal injury claims. They can explain to you the legal aspects of your case and help you navigate the complex legal system. Investigation…
READ MORE How Will a Lawyer Help Me Win My Personal Injury Case?
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a legal proceeding initiated by an individual who has sustained injuries, harm or losses due to the negligent or wrongful conduct of another person, organization or entity. The injured party, also known as the plaintiff, seeks compensation from the responsible party, who is referred to as the defendant. Personal injury…