Why Choose the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas?
When you need a lawyer but are unsure of where to begin, get in touch with us. When you call the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), friendly staff will review your legal issue to determine the best course of action. We may be able to offer solutions or alternatives to hiring a lawyer.
During the first consultation with the lawyer, you will discuss your legal issues, options available, and the costs involved if you hire the lawyer. The first meeting is a meet and greet—a time for you to evaluate the lawyer’s expertise and decide if you want proceed with your legal issue.
At LRS, we believe that money must not be an impediment when it comes to finding and hiring a lawyer, which is why your first consultation with the lawyer is free up to 30 minutes.
Any additional fees must be arranged between you and the lawyer. We do not set limits on fees charged beyond the initial consultation. LRS does not offer pro bono or free attorneys—all of our attorneys charge for their services.
All information provided will be treated as confidential communications made for the purpose of facilitating a referral. We will preserve the confidentiality of all information unless otherwise required by law.
- Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas (LRS)
- Trained staff to listen and understand your legal issues
- LRS requires lawyers to show experience levels
- Malpractice insurance required and verified to participate with LRS
- Lawyers must be in good standing with the State Bar of Texas (LRS checks this weekly)
- Lawyers are Certified by the State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association
- LRS reviews attorney performance
- LRS is approved by the American Bar Association as a model for access to justice.
- Internet Directory/Phone Directory
- No experience requirements or qualification
- Lawyers are not required to carry malpractice insurance
- Lawyer standing with the State Bar of Texas may not be checked regularly
- The State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association do not regulate or approve online directories.
- LRS reviews client satisfaction
- Lack of oversight by directories
It is an excellent resource for the community. We received very professional and prompt response from the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas team.
Lawyer advised that the case was not worth either his time/fee or my financial investment. He suggested I consider small claims court. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss the case with and get advice from a professional.
It’s a very good service and resource. I’m glad to know that legal advice is available at your LegalLine.
Latest Blog Posts
Mark Zuckerberg, Gerard Adams and David Karp – some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs. All of them have something in common – they are experts in taking calculated risk. These risks often pay off in the form of increased net worth, reputation, and prestige. Calculated risks require taking inventory of your tangible and intangible…
Theft, also known as larceny, is the stealing of an item with the intent of depriving its owner of their property indefinitely. Theft charges in Texas are designated as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the value of property stolen. Misdemeanor and Felony Charges for Theft Class C Misdemeanor Theft Stolen property valued at less than $100 are Class…
While it can be tragic, divorce does happen. People change, mistakes add up, and life happens. According to a 2014-2018 study, the divorce rate for the state of Texas is 6%. Whatever the reason for considering divorce, it’s crucial to understand what divorce looks like for the state of Texas. There are many financial and legal…