Why Choose the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas?
When you need a lawyer but are unsure of where to begin, get in touch with us. When you call the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), friendly staff will review your legal issue to determine the best course of action. We may be able to offer solutions or alternatives to hiring a lawyer.
During the first consultation with the lawyer, you will discuss your legal issues, options available, and the costs involved if you hire the lawyer. The first meeting is a meet and greet—a time for you to evaluate the lawyer’s expertise and decide if you want proceed with your legal issue.
At LRS, we believe that money must not be an impediment when it comes to finding and hiring a lawyer, which is why your first consultation with the lawyer is free up to 30 minutes.
Any additional fees must be arranged between you and the lawyer. We do not set limits on fees charged beyond the initial consultation. LRS does not offer pro bono or free attorneys—all of our attorneys charge for their services.
All information provided will be treated as confidential communications made for the purpose of facilitating a referral. We will preserve the confidentiality of all information unless otherwise required by law.
- Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas (LRS)
- Trained staff to listen and understand your legal issues
- LRS requires lawyers to show experience levels
- Malpractice insurance required and verified to participate with LRS
- Lawyers must be in good standing with the State Bar of Texas (LRS checks this weekly)
- Lawyers are Certified by the State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association
- LRS reviews attorney performance
- LRS is approved by the American Bar Association as a model for access to justice.
- Internet Directory/Phone Directory
- No experience requirements or qualification
- Lawyers are not required to carry malpractice insurance
- Lawyer standing with the State Bar of Texas may not be checked regularly
- The State Bar of Texas and the American Bar Association do not regulate or approve online directories.
- LRS reviews client satisfaction
- Lack of oversight by directories
It is an excellent resource for the community. We received very professional and prompt response from the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas team.
Lawyer advised that the case was not worth either his time/fee or my financial investment. He suggested I consider small claims court. I appreciated the opportunity to discuss the case with and get advice from a professional.
It’s a very good service and resource. I’m glad to know that legal advice is available at your LegalLine.
Latest Blog Posts
As the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act introduced sweeping tax changes in 2018, small business owners face a landscape of potential shifts to consider for their enterprises. To maximize the advantages brought forth by these tax modifications, it’s imperative to acquaint yourself with the intricacies of the updated tax code. Seeking counsel from a proficient small…
When it comes to the legal landscape of business, a seasoned business lawyer becomes an invaluable asset, especially for burgeoning small enterprises navigating the intricate bureaucratic terrain of establishing their business model. A business lawyer serves as a steadfast guide, ensuring that a company adheres to local laws and regulations, offering comprehensive counsel spanning from…
Bankruptcy, a legal process that acknowledges an individual’s inability to meet their debts, can provide a fresh start by relieving them of most financial obligations. Two bankruptcy types exist: voluntary bankruptcy (debtors petition) and creditors petition, where an owed party initiates bankruptcy proceedings through the court. However, before embarking on bankruptcy proceedings, several important considerations…