The most common car accident injuries include whiplash, cuts and bruises, broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. Here is some information on each injury and some tips on how to avoid them:
- Whiplash: This injury occurs when the head and neck are violently jerked forward and then backward, causing damage to the muscles, ligaments, and nerves in the neck. To avoid whiplash, make sure your headrest is properly positioned and use your seat belt properly.
- Cuts and bruises: These injuries are often caused by flying debris or broken glass. To avoid cuts and bruises, always wear your seat belt, keep your windows closed, and secure loose items in your car.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are common in car accidents, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs. To avoid broken bones, make sure your seat belt is properly fastened, and avoid driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Head injuries: These injuries can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries. To avoid head injuries, always wear your seat belt, use a child car seat properly, and avoid distractions while driving.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis and other serious health problems. To avoid spinal cord injuries, make sure your seat belt is properly fastened, use a child car seat properly, and avoid distractions while driving.
Overall, the best way to avoid car accident injuries is to drive safely and defensively, always wear your seat belt, and follow traffic laws and regulations. Additionally, avoid driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, avoid distractions while driving, and always use a child car seat properly.
Here at the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas, we help match people with their ideal car accident lawyer. We help individuals find lawyers for different areas of law, including bankruptcy, personal injury, divorce and other areas of law. People who are interested in finding legal representation can complete an instant referral form today.