Texas has adopted the Eight Basic Consumer Rights, which provide protections and guarantees to consumers in the state. These rights include:
- The Right to Safety: Consumers have the right to be protected against hazardous products and services that could cause harm.
- The Right to be Informed: Consumers have the right to receive complete and accurate information about products and services, including their benefits and risks.
- The Right to Choose: Consumers have the right to choose from a range of products and services at competitive prices.
- The Right to be Heard: Consumers have the right to be heard and have their complaints and grievances addressed.
- The Right to Redress: Consumers have the right to seek redress for any harm or injury caused by a product or service.
- The Right to Consumer Education: Consumers have the right to access information and education that enables them to make informed decisions about products and services.
- The Right to a Healthy Environment: Consumers have the right to live and work in an environment that is free from pollution and other hazards.
- The Right to Fair Treatment: Consumers have the right to be treated fairly and without discrimination by businesses and government agencies.
These rights are designed to protect consumers and ensure that they are treated fairly in the marketplace. If you believe that your consumer rights have been violated, you may wish to contact a consumer protection attorney or file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General’s Office.
Any consumer who feels their consumer rights have been infringed upon should contact the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas. We ensure you can get help from the right lawyer for your case, and all our lawyers are carefully vetted. Get the compensation you need today.