Consumer Protection Law
It is important to realize that the United States has clear consumer laws that protect the average person. The laws explicitly require products and services purchased in the marketplace to be conducted in a fair manner and to be safe for human consumption. If you find yourself a victim of a debt collector, car dealership disputes, misrepresentation of goods, defective and dangerous products, or among many other malpractices that violate a consumer protection law, you have the right to seek justice by consulting an attorney.
If you live in the Austin, Texas area, and find yourself facing this problem, look no further as the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas (LRS) takes your problem as their own.
You might be wondering what is the Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas and how can they help you to solve your problem. Notably, LRS is a non-profit organization that helps you to find reputable lawyers in many areas of law. At our organization, we provide our clients a referral to a local lawyer that fits your current legal situation. Our unparalleled commitment to helping the “forgotten man” is exemplary, and we will help you get an attorney to assist you in your case.
So, how do you know that someone has violated your consumer rights?
Of course, consumer law can become very complicated and that is why you need the help of a qualified attorney to help you in the subject. If you are in the central Texas area and suspect that your consumer rights have been violated, do not hesitate to contact Austin LRS and we will make sure you get the guidance you need. The lawyer will then clarify whether the issue falls under consumer law. Here are some common issues that do:
Misrepresentation of Goods
- Entering into an agreement or contract with a particular company where an individual paid for certain goods and/or services but did not receive them or were not told the truth.
Unorthodox Debt Collection Methods
- Debt collectors posing as government employees, lawyers, or others for the purpose of intimidation, or calling at odd hours or contacting third parties.
Student Loan Disputes
- Related to an individual’s account balance, defaults, loan discharges, treasury offsets, or wage garnishments where an individual can be misrepresented.
Defective and Dangerous Products
- Company may have sold an individual a product that is faulty because of inadequate warnings or instructions, where it is now unreasonably dangerous to a person as a user and consumer.
Home Improvement Issues
- Contractors may hide hidden fees, waivers, procedures, or more in a contract that should be stating the arrangements for a project between client and that individual.
Auto Repair Problems
- Auto repair problems can range anywhere from engine problems, maintenance issues, exhaust and emissions challenges, and warranty coverage issues that may have worsened. These can be difficult cases and sometimes not cost effective, but remains a consumer issue.
How Does LRS Work?
Our qualified intake counselor team will listen to your issue and help you find a lawyer that specializes in consumer law. At Lawyer Referral Service of Central Texas, there is no issue too small to be neglected and offer legal referral services to everybody. Importantly, the cost of attorney consultation costs $20 for up to 30 minutes. In this phase, our Austin attorney will listen to your query, determine whether it is an issue, and advise you accordingly. If you decide to proceed with the lawsuit then you enter into an agreement directly with the attorney and decide fees and how to continue with your case.